Walk in Our Mocs: Métis Archery Program
Taught by proud grandparents, their way of life, crafts, survival and entrepreneurship of the Métis people live on. Walk in Our Mocs is a two-hour immersive Indigenous tourism experience telling the story of survival on the land and a way of life within the Historic Victoria District National Historic Site.
A perfect blend of culture, the great outdoors, and Métis history. Hear stories of Métis life on the land and try your skills with a bow and arrow on our natural course.
A perfect blend of culture, the great outdoors, and Métis history.
The Walk in Our Mocs Experience Includes:
- Immerse yourself in Métis culture and ways of knowing
- Practice your skills with a bow and arrow
- Identify plants, animals, and the traces animals leave behind
- Explore the boreal forest of the North Saskatchewan River Valley
- Spend time on an historic Métis River Lot
- Enjoy Indigenous inspired cuisine (*available for an additional cost)
- Discover the diversity of plants and animals that call Métis Crossing home
Prices: $59.00 adults, $47.20 Youth & Seniors
Audience: This experience is appropriate for everyone ages 6 and up (youth require parent/guardian supervision), course requires long stretches of walking on uneven terrain and ability to use a bow.
Tours run Saturday & Sunday & Holiday Mondays at 1:00pm, from May 20, 2022 – October 30, 2022.
Pre-book your Walk in the Mocs Signature experience by booking online.
Date: May 20, 2022 – October 30, 2022
Price: $59.00 adults, $47.20 Youth Seniors