Walk in Our Mocs – Métis Archery Program
One of Canada’s Indigenous People, the Métis, began here. Taught by proud grandparents, their way of life, crafts, survival and entrepreneurship of the Métis people live on. Walk in Our Mocs is a two-hour immersive Indigenous tourism experience telling the story of survival on the land and a way of life of the within the Historic Victoria District National Historic Site. A perfect blend of culture, the great outdoors, and Métis history.
Join us at Métis Crossing to hear stories of Métis life on the land and try your skills with a bow and arrow on our natural course and a delicious lunch infused with the flavours of a Métis kitchen.
- Immerse yourself in Métis culture and ways of knowing
- Practice your skills with a bow and arrow
- Identify plants, animals, and the traces animals leave behind
- Explore the boreal forest of the North Saskatchewan River Valley
- Spend time on an historic Métis River Lot
- Enjoy Indigenous inspired cuisine
- Discover the diversity of plants and animals that call Métis Crossing home
Lunch provided with the program.
Approximate length of program is 2 hours plus lunch.
Prices: $48 adults, $40 youth
Audience: ages 6 and up (youth require parent/guardian supervision), course requires long stretches of walking on uneven terrain and ability to use a bow.
Tours run every 30 minutes from 11:00am – 2:00pm Saturdays& Sundays. Each group will have their own bow(s), arrows, and area to practice their shots. We will also be making sure that cohorts are properly distanced from each other.
Pre-book your Meet the Métis experience by calling 1-780-656-2229 or visiting the Book Now page.