Region 2 Youth Project Coordinator
October 06, 2020
Region 2 Project Coordinator, Youth Programs and Services
Location: Métis Nation of Alberta Region 2 Office (Bonnyville)
Closing Date: November 2, 2020
Position Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
Travel: 50% within region
Since its inception in 1928, the Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) has governed the Métis within Alberta. The MNA is led by a democratically elected Provincial Council, comprised of a Provincial President, a Vice-President, and six regional Presidents and Vice-Presidents. This Council works toward the mandate of the MNA, supporting practices of transparency, accountability, and inclusiveness for Métis Albertans in governments’ policy and decision-making processes. The MNA promotes and facilitates the advancement of Métis people through self-reliance, self-determination, and self-management. For more information about the MNA, visit http://www.albertametis.com.
The Provincial Office of the Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) is recruiting for a full time Regional Project Coordinator, Youth Programs and Services in Region 2 based in Bonnyville. This role will assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of Métis youth programs and services within Region 2. We are looking for a motivated, confident, and driven individual who is passionate about Métis youth and has excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Assist in the development of Métis specific program planning, development, and implementation of youth programs within the MNA Region 2 including:
- Life skills;
- Weekly youth groups;
- Cultural Enrichment: and
- Youth Programming.
- Work to increase program accessibility in consultation with Métis communities in Region 2.
- Conduct cultural presentations for communities and stakeholders within Region 2.
- Develop and maintain templates and tools to guide programs.
- Assist and coordinate the project design and preparation of communication plan.
- Traveling throughout the region to build connections and relationships with, and among, Métis youth within the region, and provincially.
- Work to increase MNA Citizenship applications for youth by facilitating Registry sessions throughout the Region.
- Assist applicants by collecting and reviewing application packages and advising if any additional information is needed.
- Send full Citizen applications with all documents to Provincial Office for processing.
- Research and book venues for events and programs, as well as organize, set up, and take down events.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience with event coordination and program development and implementation.
- Experience with researching and booking venues for events and programming.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- An in-depth understanding of the Métis Nation of Alberta and Métis culture.
- Ability to produce professional documents, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and allocate time and resources effectively.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive and compassionate.
- A proven track record of building collaborative partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including government, industry, service providers, and community.
- Recognized strength in leading and engaging teams and creating a culture that promotes development of individual and organizational capacity.
- Post-secondary baccalaureate degree in a Human Services or related field is preferred. A mix of education and related experience will be considered.
- Two years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
- Reliable transportation as traveling throughout the region is required for this position (50% travel).
- Able to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Record check required.
What we have to offer you
- The opportunity to work with a non-profit Indigenous organization and be part of an exciting journey towards self-government.
- Learnings about Métis history and culture and enjoy a rich Indigenous cultural experience.
- Opportunity to work community events.
- Personal development.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package and employer contributions to Pension Program.
Apply online today at http://albertametis.com/careers/
Métis applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Métis Nation of Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.