The Campground at Métis Crossing is now closed for the 2022 season. We look forward to welcoming you when we reopen on May 22, 2023.
Métis Crossing is the perfect location for your next overnight adventure. Camping is available directly on-site, providing the perfect home base for in-between cultural experiences and activities.
We are pleased to offer campers a variety of options including RV sites, tent sites, and ‘Glamping’ in our traditional trappers tents. The campground is conveniently located near the Cultural Gathering Centre, overlooking the North Saskatchewan River. For more information please click here.
The Campsite at Métis Crossing is located on a traditional Métis river lot overlooking the banks of the North Saskatchewan river. It is the first major Métis cultural destination in Alberta.
Enjoy wide open spaces, blue skies, and the gorgeous North Saskatchewan river valley.
21 – Powered (30-AMP) RV Sites. No Water hook-ups. Please fill your tank prior to arrival.
2 – Non-powered sites
4 – Tent sites in trees
6 – Trappers tents for four.
2 – Trappers tents for two.
- Sleeping Bag / Bedding / Pillow
- Flashlight / Lantern
- Water bottle
- Bug Spray
- Matches / Firestarter
- Axe / Hatchet
- Camp Stove & Cookware
- Camp Chairs
- Each tent includes two sets of single bunk beds and a wood stove
– Picnic table
– Washroom with showers
Métis Crossing is located 1.5 hours northeast of Edmonton, just 10 minutes South of Smoky Lake on the Victoria Trail. We offer a variety of activities and fun for all ages, making this the perfect road trip for those in the region. Visiting from a distance? We have camping, glamping, and lodge accommodations available, stay the night and enjoy a campfire!
As we look to protect the permaculture at Métis Crossing, please adhere to the following rules related to pets:
- No animals are permitted in the Metis Crossing Cultural Interpretive Centre, Deck or all lands east of the Campsite entry access road.
- Pets are welcome and permitted only within the Campsite of Metis Crossing
- Pets are not permitted near or within the Comfort Camping Trapper tent sites
- Pets are not permitted at Metis Crossing canoe launch beach.
- Pets must be kept on a leash no more than 2M in length at all times